Arizona police said Nancy Guthrie’s family was eliminated as suspects days after her disappearance.
On Monday, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos told KOLD that Guthrie’s family has fully cooperated with their ongoing investigation. He also revealed that they were cleared as suspects “in the first few days” after Guthrie’s apparent abduction.
“We talked to them, we took their phones, we took their computers. I mean, we did everything. We processed their vehicles, we processed their homes…They’re victims,” Nanos told the news outlet.
Last week, the FBI released footage and surveillance stills of someone outside of Guthrie’s home around the time she vanished on January 31. Alarms were raised the following morning, when Guthrie failed to arrive at a friend’s home to watch virtual church services.
In addition to locating Guthrie, police are investigating two ransom notes that were reportedly sent to local news outlets. One of the notes demanded millions in Bitcoin in exchange for Guthrie’s return.
Additionally, a glove found near Guthrie’s Tucson home, resembling one seen in the surveillance video, is being analyzed for DNA.
No arrests have been made. No press conferences are scheduled as Nanos previously said a press conference will take place when there is a break in the case.
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.
[Featured image: Instagram]
