Exploring… Jurrien Timber is heading to Arsenal as the agreed deal is £38.7million’ That’s right. Arsenal have agreed a deal with Ajax to sign Jurrien Timber for £38.7million. The 22-year-old Dutch international is expected to undergo a medical in the coming days and finalise personal terms ahead of the move.
Timber is a versatile defender who can play at centre-back or right-back. He is known for his strong tackling and passing ability, and he is also comfortable in possession. He is expected to add some much-needed quality to Arsenal’s defence.
Jurrien Timber is heading to Arsenal as agreed deal is £38.7million
The Gunners have been looking to strengthen their defence for some time, and Timber’s arrival is a major coup. He is a young, talented defender with a lot of potential, and he could be a key player for Arsenal in the years to come.
The deal is worth an initial £34.2million, with a further £4.5million in add-ons. It is the Gunners’ third major signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Fabio Vieira and Gabriel Jesus.
Arsenal are looking to build a strong squad for the 2023/24 season, and Timber’s arrival is a significant step in that direction. He is a player with a lot of potential, and he could be a key part of the team’s future success.
What Mikel Arteta already been warned over Jurrien Timber
Mikel Arteta has been warned about Jurrien Timber’s aerial ability by former Inter Milan playmaker Wesley Sneijder. Sneijder, who played alongside Timber for the Netherlands national team, said that the 22-year-old “loses every header” and that this could be a problem in the Premier League.
Sneijder’s comments echo those of former Ajax defender Danny Blind, who said that Timber “needs to work on his aerial ability” if he wants to succeed in England. However, Blind also said that Timber is “a very good defender” and that he has “all the qualities to be a success in the Premier League.”
Ultimately, it will be up to Arteta to decide whether Timber’s aerial ability is a major concern. The Arsenal manager is known for his emphasis on playing out from the back, and he may feel that Timber’s passing ability outweighs his aerial limitations. However, it is something that Arteta will need to monitor closely if Timber does make the move to the Emirates Stadium.
Here are some other warnings that Mikel Arteta has been given about Jurrien Timber:
- Former Arsenal player Jay Bothroyd has warned that the signing of Timber from Ajax might not work out because of the success rate of players coming out of the Dutch giants. Bothroyd pointed to the examples of Donny van de Beek, Hakim Ziyech, and Matthijs de Ligt, who have all struggled to make an impact at their new clubs after leaving Ajax.
- Some have questioned whether Timber is ready to make the step up to the Premier League. He has only played 73 senior appearances for Ajax, and he has never played in a top European league.
- There are also concerns about Timber’s injury record. He has suffered a number of niggling injuries in recent seasons, and he missed a significant chunk of Ajax’s 2021/22 campaign with a thigh problem.
Despite these warnings, Arteta is still keen to sign Timber. He believes that the 22-year-old is a talented defender with a lot of potential, and he is confident that he can help him to succeed in the Premier League.
What to know about Dutch professional footballer Jurrien Timber
Jurrien Timber is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a defender for Eredivisie club Ajax and the Netherlands national team. Mainly a centre-back, he can also play as a right-back.
Here are some things to know about Jurrien Timber:
- He was born in Utrecht, Netherlands, on June 17, 2001.
- He joined Ajax’s youth academy in 2014, from Feyenoord.
- He made his first-team debut for Ajax in March 2020.
- He has won two Eredivisie titles and one KNVB Cup with Ajax.
- He won the Marco van Basten Award in 2022.
- He has made 29 appearances for the Netherlands at youth international level.
- He made his senior Netherlands debut in June 2021.
- He was included in the Netherlands squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Timber is a highly rated young defender who is known for his versatility, athleticism, and passing ability. He is also comfortable in possession and is able to play out from the back. He is still developing as a player, but he has the potential to be a top defender in the world.
Here are some of Timber’s strengths as a player:
- Versatility: Timber can play as a centre-back or right-back.
- Athleticism: Timber is a very good athlete who is strong in the air and good at defending one-on-one.
- Passing ability: Timber is a good passer of the ball and is able to play out from the back.
- Comfort in possession: Timber is comfortable in possession and is able to dribble past opponents.
Here are some of Timber’s weaknesses as a player:
- Aerial ability: Timber is not the tallest defender and can be beaten in the air.
- Experience: Timber is still relatively inexperienced at the top level.
- Injury record: Timber has had a few injury problems in recent seasons.
Overall, Jurrien Timber is a talented young defender with a lot of potential. He is still developing as a player, but he has the potential to be a top defender in the world.