HomeCrimeNorth Carolina man allegedly kidnapped 12-year-old girl from sleepover

North Carolina man allegedly kidnapped 12-year-old girl from sleepover



HARNETT COUNTY, N.C. (TCN) — A 38-year-old man is behind bars on $2.5 million bond in connection with the alleged kidnapping of a 12-year-old girl from a sleepover.

On Aug. 16, Jennifer Maxwell was driving home from work when she saw a girl coming out of the woods, according to WRAL. Maxwell said the girl appeared to be crying hysterically, so she turned around to check on her. The girl told Maxwell she had been kidnapped, and Maxwell took her to her car to dial 911. 

The girl, 12, said she had been at a sleepover at the home of her best friend, who lives next door to her, WRAL reports. She was allegedly woken up by Daniel Gear and told to come outside. When she did, they got into his truck and he allegedly drove to a wooded area and made her get out. WRAL reports the girl told Maxwell Gear allegedly had her walk with him in the woods for a few hours.

Authorities responded to the roadside where Maxwell had called, WRAL reports, and Gear’s car was reportedly in the area. Authorities found him on the evening of Aug. 16 and he was charged with first-degree kidnapping and assault on a female. 

WHNS reports Gear’s niece is the victim’s friend, and the sleepover was reportedly held at her home.

According to WHNS, Gear is behind bars on a $2.5 million bond and is scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 1. 

MORE:



Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -
Share on Social Media