The ‘Inside Look At Stephanie Villa Torres, 8-year-old girl dead, two others injured: NYPD’ According to officials, a lithium battery-related house fire in Queens on Saturday morning claimed the life of an 8-year-old girl and critically injured two adults.
Inside Look At Stephanie Villa Torres, 8-year-old girl dead, two others injured: NYPD
Around 7:35 in the morning, a fire started on the third story of a multi-family house on 130th Street in College Point, according to authorities.
Stephanie Villa Torres, the little child, was diagnosed with smoke inhalation and later declared dead at New York Presbyterian Hospital of Queens. Aged 18 and 35, the injured males were transported to Jacobi Medical Center, where their conditions were classified as stable.
The fire was caused by a battery in an e-mobility device, the FDNY reported on Twitter.
“Per #FDNY Fire Marshals the cause of this morning’s fatal all-hands fire at 23-26 130 Street in Queens was accidental, caused by a lithium-ion battery from an e-mobility device,” the FDNY tweeted.
One neighbor came outside after hearing sirens and saw firefighters performing CPR on the girl.
“After I saw that she’s gone, she’s dead, I walked back and I went straight to my three-year-old and five-year-old. I was crying,” the neighbor said.
Another resident of the burned building told The Post, “They’re investigating and that’s all we know,” before declining further comment.
Eduardo Benites, 48, who recently moved to 130th Street, said that around 7:45 in the morning, “I saw a lady calling to the people, saying, ‘Fire fire!’”
Welcome to Celebandcrimegists.com, your trusted source for breaking news,in-depth analysis, and exclusive content worldwide. From Celebrity and Crime to entertainment and sports, our experienced journalists and reporters keep you updated on the latest stories and events shaping our world.